Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hello, from the rainy island of Roatan, Honduras. We continued to have rain off and on today. But, there is a silver lining through all of this...we'll have to return again to Roatan sometime soon to enjoy the sun. We're already planning our next trip.

As you can see in this picture the skies are cloudy. This is pretty much what we have had so far this week.




We had dinner at this little Deli and then afterwards picked up some groceries. The Deli and the grocery store were in the same room.


There is not much to select from for groceries, so we loaded up on what goodies to eat between meals. The people here are very friendly and nice. Seems like a nice place to live.





On my dive today, the camera worked out a little better. I'm learning how to use it to take better underwater pictures.




I came swimming up to this big cone and peered into the top of it and found this fish hiding. I thought the cone was really spectacular.











Here is a lobster I found hiding under a rock.








This is Juergin, a German friend I met. He owns a dive shop here. He and I got talking about the lost gold of Captain Henry Morgan on Roatan and I told him that I had an underwater metal detector and he got all excited about exploring for gold. He told me that he would show me some areas to explore and that we could split 50/50. Nice fellow. On our next trip down, I look him up and do some serious exploration.

Speaking of exploring, I did a little metal detecting today in front of our hotel. I found something...but I can't say what... it is a secret until I make it back to the States. :)

Well, Penny and I are off to the Bananarama Bar and Grill for some chocolate something.

Love,

Mom and Dad

3 comments:

anderson strong and growing said...

I think the only thing you found is a old beer can and a few old fish hooks. Please don't bring them home. We have been watching the media info for the polls. Should we go buy a gun tomorrow? I am sure you have already heard but, we are in for it. The constitution will soon be hanging by a thread. We love you. We look forward to hear about tomorrow.

Unknown said...

I love the picture of you in your metal detector gear. You still owe me and Quin 1/4 peice of gold. We love you!!!

Oggy Fam said...

Brad,
It's snowing like crazy here. Did you turn off your waterfall? Or does it need to be turned off? I am here for your assistance...
Jared